Coronavirus - COVID-19
Ysgol Min y Ddol, as with all Wrexham schools is receiving regular updates on the management of the Coronavirus, COVID-19, from the Local Authority, Welsh Government and Public Health Wales. We have discussed carefully, with all pupils, the importance of good hand hygiene and shared useful advice to minimise the risk of transmission in their everyday lives both in and out of school.
This guidance is based on what is currently known about the transmission and severity of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The School are following both the Local Authoirty and NHS guidence. We shall endeavour to update you but please be mindful that we are doing as much as possible within school until additional information becomes available.
As a school, we are:
1. Washing hands on arrival to school, before entering the classrooms.
2. Washing hands after play and lunch times.
3. Washing hands before snack and lunch times.
4. Encouraging the children to sing 'Happy Birthday' twice whilst washing hands.
5. Ensuring staff are present during hand washing to ensure maximum effect.
6. Reminding children to cover their mouths with a tissue when coughing or sneezing and to wash their hands after.
7. Encouraging children to place used tissues in the bin and to wash their hands.
8. Cleaning door handles, desks, light switches etc more frequently.
9. Educating the children on effective handwashing techniques.
10. Displaying more posters around the sschool to remind both children and staff of effective hand washing.
11. Washing their hand having been to the toilet and before food preparation.
12. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
Please follow the links below for more information, thank you.
If you are worried about any symptoms, please call NHS Direct Wales on 0845 4647 or 111 Wales if available in your area.
We check any updates on guidance daily so we can take any necessary and appropriate action.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the school and we can answer any queries you may have.